BIND 9.6-ESV-R7-P1 is now available
mcnally at isc.org
Mon Jun 4 12:29:03 UTC 2012
BIND 9.6-ESV-R7-P1 is the most recent release of BIND 9.6-ESV.
BIND 9.6-ESV is an Extended Support Version of BIND 9.
This document summarizes changes from BIND 9.6-ESV-R6 to BIND
9.6-ESV-R7-P1. Please see the CHANGES file in the source code
release for a complete list of all changes.
The latest versions of BIND 9 software can always be found on
our web site at http://www.isc.org/downloads/all. There you will
find additional information about each release, source code, and
pre-compiled versions for Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Product support information is available on http://www.isc.org/support
for paid support options. Free support is provided by our user
community via a mailing list. Information on all public email
lists is available at https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo.
* A condition has been corrected where improper handling of
zero-length RDATA could cause undesirable behavior, including
termination of the named process. [RT #29644]
* Windows binary packages distributed by ISC are now built and linked
against OpenSSL 1.0.1c
* BIND now recognizes the TLSA resource record type, created to
support IETF DANE (DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities)
* The locking strategy around the handling of iterative queries
has been tuned to reduce unnecessary contention in a multi-threaded
environment. (Note that this may not provide a measurable
improvement over previous versions of BIND, but it corrects the
performance impact of change 3309 / RT #27995) [RT #29239]
* Addresses a race condition that can cause named to to crash when
the masters list for a zone is updated via rndc reload/reconfig
* Fixes a race condition in zone.c that can cause named to crash
during the processing of rndc delzone [RT #29028]
* Prevents a named segfault from resolver.c due to procedure
fctx_finddone() not being thread-safe. [RT #27995]
* Uses hmctx, not mctx when freeing rbtdb->heaps to avoid triggering
an assertion when flushing cache data. [RT #28571]
* A new flag -R has been added to queryperf for running tests
using non-recursive queries. It also now builds correctly on
MacOS version 10.7 (darwin) [RT #28565]
* Named no longer crashes if gssapi is enabled in named.conf but
was not compiled into the binary [RT #28338]
* SDB now handles unexpected errors from back-end database drivers
gracefully instead of exiting on an assert. [RT #28534]
Thank you to everyone who assisted us in making this release
possible. If you would like to contribute to ISC to assist us
in continuing to make quality open source software, please visit
our donations page at http://www.isc.org/supportisc.
(c) 2001-2012 Internet Systems Consortium
More information about the bind-users