Problem with recursive name server

Mike Bobkiewicz bind-list at commobil.de
Fri Jun 8 20:08:16 UTC 2012

Dear list,

we are running an authorative name server for some domains. After some time our ISP has now delegated the reverse name lookups to our server. We are running bind 9.7.3 on Mac OS X 10.6 and are not able to bring the reverse name lookups to life. The master db-file is loaded and we  to set the allow-recursive { any; }; option in the named.conf but it still doesn´t work. We are getting RFC 1912 2.1 with some mail servers which is the biggest problem. Which additional options must be set in the named.conf to make the reverse name lookups for our domains work?

Best regards,

 Mike