Selective filtering of multi-address answers

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Mon Jun 11 22:17:14 UTC 2012

At the risk of exceeding my cynicism quota for the week, this is an
Active Directory client we're talking about: since when does Microsoft
listen to best-practice suggestions from *anyone*?

A more fruitful approach, in my experience, is to approach the owners of
the AD zone and have them limit the number of Domain Controllers that
auto-register in the zone. I don't know the details of how they do this,
but our Active Directory folks have managed to figure it out, when I
complained to them about all of the TCP retries they were incurring...

                                                         - Kevin