Reverse zones best practices

nex6 borg at borg1911.com
Tue Jun 26 16:25:19 UTC 2012

* Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> [2012-06-26 16:54:55 +0100]:

I am not going to be editing files by hand, we actually have a tool. I am more
concerned about best practices, and how to fix the mess.

eg, say we have about 500 vlans (/24s) and say only 350 have reverse zones.
from what I understand its best to just create the missing zones and fix the tools
so new networks always get reverse zones created.

becuase I dont think i can just create a larger /16 or /8. becuase they will
overlap and create a bigger mess.....

-Nex6