prevent DNS attack

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Jun 27 12:18:31 UTC 2012

pangj <pangj at riseup.net> wrote:

> DNS is very easy to be attacked.
> My named service got 1G or more traffic of attack some time.
> How can we take some steps to prevent them?

Incoming or outgoing? A number of people have been having this problem
recently. You might want to join the dns-operations list:

There has been much discussion of DDoS attacks this month and you can read
the messages in the list archives.

There is also a patch for BIND which can help:

http://www.redbarn.org/dns/ratelimits

Tony.
Humber, Thames, Dover: Southwest backing southeast 4 or 5. Slight or moderate.
Occasional rain, fog patches. Moderate, occasionally very poor.