dhcpd lease problems?

Kim Halavakoski kimmen at aland.net
Tue Jun 6 17:30:57 UTC 2006

Thanks for the replys guys!
I have already configured our DHCP and separated the dynamic and
static ranges which I now see that was a stupid thing not to do from
the start :) I guess I just thought that dhcpd would by some logic
(perhaps as described below by Alan :)) understand it...

It would be great if that code was added to the code as you describe,
Alan! :) It would definety make admin lives a tad easier! :) Ofcourse
proper IP-planning takes care of the most pitfalls, but as in my case
we recently migrated from Novell DHCP to ISC DHCP and in the Novell
world it was all configured with mixed static and dynamic
allocations...and there was also a need to keep the "old" Novell
static allocations on the new ISC DHCP server...

Thanks guys,
Kim