BIND 9.8.0a1

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Fri Dec 17 01:20:30 UTC 2010

Introduction

   BIND 9.8.0a1 is the first alpha release of BIND 9.8.

   This document summarizes changes from BIND 9.7 to BIND 9.8. Please see
   the CHANGES file in the source code release for a complete list of all
   changes.

Download

   The latest release of BIND 9 software can always be found on our web
   site at http://www.isc.org/software/bind. There you will find
   additional information about each release, source code, and some
   pre-compiled versions for certain operating systems.

Support

   Product support information is available on
   http://www.isc.org/services/support for paid support options. Free
   support is provided by our user community via a mailing list.
   Information on all public email lists is available at
   https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo.

New Features

9.8.0

     * BIND 9.8.0 now has partial DNS64 support (we synthesize AAAA
       records). [RT #21991]

Feature Changes

9.8.0

     * There is a new option in dig, +onesoa, that allows the final SOA
       record in an AXFR response to be suppressed. [RT #20929
     * There is additional information displayed in the recursing log
       (qtype, qclass, qid and whether we are following the original
       name). [RT #22043]

Security Fixes

9.8.0

   None.

Bug Fixes

9.8.0

     * For Mac OS X, you can now have the test interfaces used during
       "make test" stay beyond reboot. See bin/tests/system/README for
       details.
     * Failure to read OpenSSL configuration file does not cause BIND
       utilities such as dig to fail. [RT #20668]
     * nsupdate will now preserve the entered case of domain names in
       update requests it sends. [RT #20928]

Known issues in this release

     * None.

Thank You

   Thank you to everyone who assisted us in making this release possible.
   If you would like to contribute to ISC to assist us in continuing to
   make quality open source software, please visit our donations page at
   http://www.isc.org/supportisc.
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE:	+61 2 9871 4742		         INTERNET: marka at isc.org