BIND 9.7.5b1 is now available.
mcnally at isc.org
Fri Dec 9 22:04:09 UTC 2011
BIND 9.7.5b1 is now available.
BIND 9.7.5b1 is the first beta release of BIND 9.7.5.
Please see the CHANGES file in the source code release for a complete
list of all changes.
The latest versions of BIND 9 software can always be found on our
web site at http://www.isc.org/downloads/all. There you will find
additional information about each release, source code, and
pre-compiled versions for Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Product support information is available on
http://www.isc.org/services/support for paid support options. Free
support is provided by our user community via a mailing list.
Information on all public email lists is available at
- BIND 9 nameservers performing recursive queries could cache an
invalid record and subsequent queries for that record could crash
the resolvers with an assertion failure. [RT #26590] [CVE-2011-4313]
- It is now possible to explicitly disable DLV in named.conf by
specifying "dnssec-lookaside no;". This is the default, but the
ability to configure it makes it clearly visible to administrators.
- Fixed a corner case race condition in the validator that may
cause an assert in a multi-threaded build of BIND. [RT #26478]
- Poor error handling could cause named to hang during shutdown.
- named now correctly validates DNSSEC positive wildcard responses
from NSEC3 signed zones. [RT #26200]
- The order in which we process the reactivation of a dead node
in cache and the incrementing of its reference count created a
small timing window during which an inconsistency could be
detected and an assert occur in a multi-threaded environment.
This should no longer occur. [RT #23219]
- Master servers that had previously been marked as unreachable
because of failed zone transfer attempts will now be removed
from the "unreachable" list (i.e. considered reachable again)
if the slave receives a NOTIFY message from them. [RT #25960]
- Fixes a bug in zone.c where failure to delete signatures could
lead to an assertion failure and subsequent abort. [RT #25880]
- Corrects a problem validating root DS responses. [RT #25726]
- Fixes a problem whereby "rndc dumpdb" could cause an assertion
failure and abort by attempting to print an empty rdataset [RT
- Improves scalability by allocating one zone task per 100 zones
at startup time. [RT #25541]
- Fixes a problem with the computation of tags for revoked keys.
- 'dig -y' would crash when passed an unknown TSIG algorithm. dig
now handles unknown TSIG algorithms more gracefully. [RT #25522]
- Servers that received negative responses from a forwarder were
failing to cache the answers correctly, resulting in multiple
queries for the same non-existent name being sent to the forwarders
instead of answers being provided to clients from cache (until
TTL expiry). [RT #25380]
- named would log warnings that empty zones may fail to transfer
to slaves due to serial number 0. These spurious errors have now
been silenced. [RT #25079]
- corrected memory leaks and out of order operations that could
cause named to crash during a normal shutdown. [RT #25210]
- Per RFC 6303, RFC 1918 reverse zones are now part of the built-in
list of empty zones. [RT #24990]
- Corrected a bug which could cause a slave server with
"allow-update-forwarding" set to become unresponsive if the
master it is trying to reach is off-line or unreachable. [RT
- If allow-new-zones was set to yes and ACLs were given names,
issuing 'rndc reconfig' could cause named to crash. [RT #22739]
- Socket errors during during recursion were sometimes not handled
correctly which could lead to a named assert when an associated
query structure was used after it had already been freed [RT
- The logging level for DNSSEC validation failures due to expired
or not-yet-valid RRSIGs has been increased to log level "info"
to make it easier to diagnose these problems. Examples of the
new log messages are given below:
03-Nov-2011 22:40:55.335 validating @0x7fccc401e5a0:
pastdate-A.test.dnssec-tools.org A: verify failed due to bad
signature (keyid=19442): RRSIG has expired
03-Nov-2011 22:41:31.335 validating @0x12b5d80:
futuredate-A.test.dnssec-tools.org A: verify failed due to bad
signature (keyid=19442): RRSIG validity period has not begun
- This change can reduce the time when a server is unavailable
during "rndc reconfig" for servers with large and complex
configurations. This is achieved by completing the parsing of
the configuration files in entirety before entering the exclusive
phase. (Note that it does not reduce the total time spent in
"rndc reconfig", and it has no measurable impact on server initial
start-up times.) [RT #21373]
- Direct queries for type RRSIG or SIG (sometimes used while
testing) could be handled incorrectly in the case where there
is no answer available. [RT #21050]
- dnssec-signzone -t now records timestamps just before and just
after signing, improving the accuracy of signing statistics. [RT
Thank you to everyone who assisted us in making this release possible.
If you would like to contribute to ISC to assist us in continuing
to make quality open source software, please visit our donations
page at http://www.isc.org/supportisc.
More information about the bind-announce