BIND 9.6-ESV-R4-P3

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Tue Jul 5 13:23:37 UTC 2011

Introduction

   BIND 9.6-ESV-R4-P3 is security patch for BIND 9.6-ESV-R4.

   Please see the CHANGES file in the source code release for a complete
   list of all changes.

Download

   The latest versions of BIND 9 software can always be found on our web
   site at http://www.isc.org/downloads/all. There you will find
   additional information about each release, source code, and some
   pre-compiled versions for certain operating systems.

Support

   Product support information is available on
   http://www.isc.org/services/support for paid support options. Free
   support is provided by our user community via a mailing list.
   Information on all public email lists is available at
   https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo.

Security Fixes

9.6-ESV-R4-P3

     * Change #2912 (see CHANGES) exposed a latent bug in the DNS message
       processing code that could allow certain UPDATE requests to crash
       named. This was fixed by disambiguating internal database
       representation vs DNS wire format data. [RT #24777] [CVE-2011-2464]

Thank You

   Thank you to everyone who assisted us in making this release possible.
   If you would like to contribute to ISC to assist us in continuing to
   make quality open source software, please visit our donations page at
   http://www.isc.org/supportisc.
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE:	+61 2 9871 4742		         INTERNET: marka at isc.org