BIND 9.9.0b2 is now available
sgraves at isc.org
Tue Nov 22 03:03:47 UTC 2011
BIND 9.9.0b2 is the second beta release for BIND 9.9.0 and also
contains a security update to address CVE-2011-4313
Please see the CHANGES file in the source code release for a complete
list of all changes.
The latest versions of BIND 9 software can always be found on our
web site at http://www.isc.org/downloads/all. There you will find
additional information about each release, source code, and
pre-compiled versions for Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Product support information is available on
http://www.isc.org/services/support for paid support options. Free
support is provided by our user community via a mailing list.
Information on all public email lists is available at
BIND 9 nameservers performing recursive queries could cache an
invalid record and subsequent queries for that record could crash
the resolvers with an assertion failure. [RT #26590] [CVE-2011-4313]
* Add a 'named -U' option to set the number of UDP listener threads
per interface. [RT #26485]
* dnssec-signzone: "-f -" prints to stdout; "-O full" option
prints in single-line-per-record format. [RT #20287]
* Add a configuration switch "dnssec-lookaside 'no'" to set
explicitly the current default behavior. [RT #24858]
* 'rndc querylog' can now be given an on/off parameter instead
of only being used as a toggle. [RT #18351]
* When the server logs messages about the state of recursive
client processing, it will include the name the client had
requested in the log messages, to make it easier to identify
problems when they occur. Such log messages will now look similar
to this one: 03-Nov-2011 14:14:44.981 client 10.53.0.7#49775
* Change #3186 was incomplete; dns_db_rpz_findips() could fail to set
the database version correctly, causing an assertion failure. [RT
* Correct a behavior introduced in 9.9.0a3 whereby 'rndc recursing'
could cause a core dump. [RT #26495]
* resolver.c:validated() was not thread-safe. [RT #26478]
* Correct a situation in rbtdb.c: where failure to remove a node from
the deadnodes list prior to adding a reference to it could lead to
a possible assertion failure. [RT #23219]
* Canceling the oldest query due to recursive-client overload could
trigger an assertion failure. [RT #26463]
* NOEDNS caching on timeout was too agressive. [RT #26416]
* Clarify the error message reported when the config parser cannot
open a file. [RT #22263]
* A query structure could be used after being freed. [RT #22208]
* zone.c:zone_refreshkeys() could fail to detach references correctly
when errors occurred, causing a hang on shutdown. [RT #26372]
Thank you to everyone who assisted us in making this release possible.
If you would like to contribute to ISC to assist us in continuing
to make quality open source software, please visit our donations
page at http://www.isc.org/supportisc.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the bind-announce