BIND 'sortlist' preferred IP address

elam99 at hongkong.com elam99 at hongkong.com
Wed Aug 4 04:48:16 UTC 1999

Thank you.  I think that clears my confusion.  So, the
function of the 'sortlist' is to sort the multiple IP
addresses in the DNS reply message packet.  Sorry that
at the very first begining I always thought there could
only be 1 IP address in the DNS reply message packet,
not until I go through the rfc1035 spec.