Bind not answering IP-address

Oliver Olsen oliver.olsen at tanken.bi.no
Thu Aug 5 11:42:40 UTC 1999

I have tried to set up Bind 8.2.1 on RedHat Linux 6.0. It doesn't give
me any error messages through /var/log/messages. If I try nslookup from
the serverconsole there seems to be a problem. If I type the hostname of
the machine, the server responds as wanted. However, when I type the
IP-number, the server will just time out.
If I try nslookup from a different network, nslookup comes up with this
info:

*** Grace.bi.no can't find 195.70.181.58: Server failed

I'm not sure what info you need to give me some help. Please inform me
if more info is needed.

Regards,
Oliver Olsen