BIND 'sortlist' preferred IP address

Edmund c990077 at hk.china.com
Mon Aug 9 03:17:39 UTC 1999

Yes.  When using the gethostbyname() system call to return the hostent
structure,
it actually consists of a list of host addresses but most program only looked
at
the first one.  However, I'm not sure if you do a reload on your IE/Netscape
browser, would it look for the second address if the first one failed.