Classless IN-ADDR.ARPA delegation

Tony Langdon tlang at freeway.apana.org.au
Sun Aug 8 13:11:12 UTC 1999

It's 09 Aug 99  03:49:14,
We'll return to magnus at eklanda.net and All's
discussion of Classless IN-ADDR.ARPA delegation

 ma> From IP to name - not working.
 ma> Should it work even if my ISP has not fix the Classless IN-ADDR.ARPA
 ma> delegation? (I am 100 percent sure my ISP has not delegated anything.)

If your ISP hasn't delegated anything, it won't work..  However,
delegating a part of a Class C requires a special technique.  If you
want the details, I'd reccommend the book DNS and BIND from O'Reilly and
Associates.

... "I ordered chocolate, not vanilla", I screamed.