Named(8.2) not answering queries

Pandit, Tushar tpandit at imps0014.us.dg.com
Wed Aug 11 14:44:10 UTC 1999

I have named 8.2 running as a secondary on our sytem out here. It was working fine for 2 days. Yesterday named suddenly
stopped answering queries(checked with nslookup on the system running named and also from other machines). I checked the syslogs
and there was nothing out there which told me of a potential problem. I stopped and started named again, and then it seemed to answer queries normally. Today in the morning again, named stops answering queries. Again the syslogs don't tell me anything.

I am not sure what is happening here. Is named running out of memory ? How do I find out if it is ? Or is there something else ?

Please suggest, as we are planning to migrate from 4.9.7 to 8.2 on our primary too.

Thanks much.

Tushar Pandit