international hosting

netpagejim at my-deja.com netpagejim at my-deja.com
Thu Aug 12 01:08:04 UTC 1999

I have a client that wants to host a large number of international sites
with us (russia = .ru, hungary =.hu, etc.).  Requirements are that each
site have 2 nameservers on separate Class C networks.  Currently we have
two nameservers (both Class A networks).

I would like to setup a dedicated server for this client.  If I use that
as the primary nameserver, can I stick a second nameserver with a class
C address in one of my existing servers?

Is there any problem using my Windows NT machine to host multiple
nameservers?

Does the client have to somehow register with that country's nameserver?

Do I need to start dedicating a machine strictly for DNS?

Is this an absolute waste of my time?

Thanks,

Jim Murphy
RampageUSA.com