named.run not recreated

Christian Krackowizer kra1 at technodat.co.at
Thu Aug 12 06:50:11 UTC 1999

At 11:30 11.08.1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Experts,
>
>[Solaris 2.6, BIND 8.2p1]
>
>I removed named.run after turning debug off with SIGUSR2.  When I tried to
turn it on again with SIGUSR1 the file named.run was not recreated.  If I
leave named.run where it is, the debugging toggle works just fine.  Is this
expected behavior?

>QCT

Hmm, check out the uid and gid of this file and the permissions in this
directory. Maybe you set them to 777, reboot and watch which uid/gid bind
uses, then remove unecessary right.
... the last day we installed HP 10.20 which default does not give the
rights for syslogd to write into /var/run ...

Gruß

kra1