subdomain dns question

High Mercury merc at sabatini.org
Thu Aug 12 17:31:19 UTC 1999

I have the following situation.  We want to seperate network2 from
network1 and let it have it's own internet connection while still
allowing access to network1and also not have to change the domain
structure.  The problem is network2 currently is primary for the zone
y.x.com.  It is importat for mail going to network2 to travel through
isp2 and then to network2 directly rather than needing to query the
external dns for x.com first.  The only way i see of doing this is by
getting another domain name for network2 but this is somewhat
undesirable. Does anyone know a way to pull this off without using
another domain name instead of y.x.com?

current situation:

     isp1
       \
      primary dns for x.com
           \
          firewall1
              /\
            /    \
          /        \
network1     network2 (y.x.com)

desired:

       isp1                                                    isp2
     ext dns for x.com                         ext dns for y.x.com
  network1                                   (y.x.com) network2

merc