Zone transfer failure

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Fri Aug 13 17:30:23 UTC 1999

Do you long any errors on the zone xfer attempt?
Can your server find the PTR record for ISP server?
The domains of the servers can be different.
Are you able to transfer the zone to any other machine.
On any  machine with nslookup, do:

nslookup
ls -d <zonename>

The ls does a zone xfer, so no zone config on the testing machine is
needed.

Michael Voight