Bind v8.2.1 on AIX v4.3.2

Ronald Procopio RonaldMarkProcopio at netscape.net
Tue Aug 17 01:52:23 UTC 1999

dodgethis11 at my-deja.com wrote:

> In article
> <61E076C62A80D111905300805FF50185048E8188 at gtiexc1.fw.garanti.com.tr>,
>   "Erdem Ozsaruhan (Garanti Teknoloji)" <ErdemO at garanti.com.tr> wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone used Bind v8.2.1 on AIX v4.3.2?
> > Any problems compiling and getting it to work?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > -Erdem Ozsaruhan
> >

> I have had no luck compiling bind v8.2.1 on AIX 4.3.2.
> I get an error message like this:
>
> collect2: /usr/lib/libc.a: not an import library
>
> whenever make tries to link any program in the source tree.
> I have not done much development under AIX but my guess is that I'm
> missing a flag of some sort of the link line.  I'm researching but have
> no luck as of yet.
>
> Steve Johnson

Strange -  I had no problems compiling on AIX 4.3.2 or AIX 4.1.4

I do know you can't just "make" you need to specifiy "make all" with the
AIX make as other wise it litterally makes all - it compiles , cleans
and then tries to install (which it can't since the clean deletaed the
binaries).

But if I use Make all it matches in the Makefile and compiles fine.
NOTE: you do not need any of those odd links used in Linux that are
listed in the INSTALL file.  If you create those links you could get
errors.

About the only thing I can think you might need to change is the probe
script I think it was set up for AIX 4.2 and that may cause problems
since your uname wont match