not authoritative for ...

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Wed Aug 18 01:05:46 UTC 1999

You need the full message. Was it complaining about this machine not
being authoritative or a machine you were trying to transfer the domain
from?

This message sounds like the master told your machine, that it wasn't
authoritative for the zone. So, the question is why the master server
for the zone believes it is not authoritative. This requires looking at
the log on that server.

Michael