Revers Zone

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Aug 18 15:41:45 UTC 1999

> Thanks to everyone for the info.  I did not have another domain with cnames
> in them.  I am reluctant to use this method as it will be quite a
> administratively nightmare on a class A address.  Do most people with class
> a reverse zones maintain one file like 10.in-addr.arpa?  This seems like it
> would be a potentially HUGE file.

As somebody - I think, Barry - had mentioned, you could just divide the
reverse DNS into subdomains on octet lines, without doing the pseudo-
RFC 2317 CNAME stuff.  This is, I believe, what most people in fact do.
The fact that a particular piece of DNS management software is broken
and can't handle it shouldn't deter you.  'vi' can be a wonderful
systems management tool for some.

["Kernel guru - writes device drivers using 'cat > dv.c'."]

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B