Named 8.2

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Thu Aug 19 06:49:33 UTC 1999

> Named 8.2 woes still continue to persist. When I run the named, I get the
> following error in my
> syslogs.
>
> Aug 18 16:55:34 tsgops named[8740]:<3.5> get interface addr (^B): No such
> device
>  or address
>
> Why am I getting this error and how do I rectify it ?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>

> --
> Tushar

	The interface scanning code has got out of sync with the buffer
	returned by SIOCGIFCONF, see ns_main.c:getnetconf().  This area
	is very much non-standard between the various OS's.

	To get to where you were none of the following were defined in
	src/port/<os>/include/port_after.h

		HAVE_SA_LEN
		FIX_ZERO_SA_LEN
		HAVE_MINIMUM_IFREQ
		SIOCGIFCONF_ADDR

	Now as to what should be defined that isn't I can't say as I
	don't know which OS this is for or the contents of the buffer
	returned by SIOCGIFCONF.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org