DNS tools

Jonathan Abbey jonabbey at arlut.utexas.edu
Thu Aug 19 14:23:18 UTC 1999

In article <"37BBDA05.78942DFE(a)sms1.val*/G=Hubert/S=QUARANTEL/OU=DSI/OU=VLY/O=SEXTANT/PRMD=THOMSON/ADMD=ATLAS/C=FR/"@MHS>,
 <Hubert.QUARANTEL at DSI.VLY.sextant.thomson-csf.com> wrote:
| Hi everybody,
|
| 	I'm looking for graphical (X11) tools to manage DNS database files,
| prowerful tools that could manage different types of RRs (not just
| A/NS/PTR/SOA RRs). I'm actually using a hosts_to_named shell-script
| (shipped with HP-UX distribution) but it's no graphical at all, and its
| not really powerful (yet very useful).
| 	Does anyone know wether what I'm looking for exists (for Unix systems
| of course) ??? and where could I get it ?

Hubert, take a look at the DNS tools listing at

	http://www.dns.net/dnsrd/tools.html

for a list of various options you have for managing DNS.

Jonathan Abbey 				              jonabbey at arlut.utexas.edu
Applied Research Laboratories                 The University of Texas at Austin
Ganymede, a free NIS/DNS management system    http://www.arlut.utexas.edu/gash2