Giving out tcp/ip Port Information

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Thu Aug 19 19:13:10 UTC 1999

	Is there any way besides a TXT record for a dns to give out
special information to a remote host about such things as the port
number to be used to make a connection?

	I am 99.9% certain of the answer on this, but I hate to tell
somebody that something can not be done until all the avenues have
been checked.  I believe this person is trying to get around an
application that is broken, anyway so even a TXT record isn't going to
help much.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Center for Computing and Information Services Data Communications Group