DeGroot

Jim Reid jim at mpn.cp.philips.com
Fri Aug 20 18:43:37 UTC 1999

    Henning> Anyone who's got a reference to a quick reference about
    Henning> "DeGroot"

It's the name of a bar I go drinking in. [7.5 guilders for a great
pint of Guinness!] Does that help? :-) It's also Dutch for "the great"
or "the large". It's also the name of one of the authors of a couple
of DNS-related RFCs: RFC1597, RFC1918 and RFC2317. I suspect that this
co-author (Geert-Jan de Groot) will be the relevant context in this
mailing list.

RFC1597 was superseded by RFC1918: Address Allocation for Private
Internets. RFC2317 is titled Classless IN-ADDR.ARPA delegation: how to
delegate bits of reverse number space when chunks of IP addresses are
not handed out on octet boundaries.