DNS and forward

Y. W. Ko ko at ues-software.com
Fri Aug 20 20:00:38 UTC 1999

Hi Barry,

    Thanks for your comments. But exactly what should I put in the hints
file?

    BTW, since my last posting, I've managed to get it to work - by putting
a hints file on the internal m/c! Currently, the only entry in the hints
file is SERVER A, i.e. the m/c with external access. Is this the right thing
to do? I assumed that since there is no connectivity to the root servers,
there wouldn't be any point in putting them in.

    Thanks again,

        Ko

news:aMev3.302$m84.4719 at burlma1-snr2...