Can Domain Subzone Names be Found?

Jim jim at mediaodyssey.com
Sun Aug 22 04:18:38 UTC 1999

For convenience I've created names for a few devices on our network
which have public IP addresses, such as managed switches and routers.
For example: 'switch1.mydomain.com'.  Is there any way (besides
guessing) that these names could be found through querying of my DNS
servers?  Assuming, of course, that I haven't reverse-mapped the IP
addresses to the names and that I'm limiting zone transfers only to my
secondary DNS servers.  Since some of the names are suggestive of the
equipment function and even make/model, I'd just as soon they not be
visible.

Thanks,
Jim