where to declare

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Mon Aug 23 17:04:56 UTC 1999

It is an obligation.
If you tell my.domain to delegate the zone bogus.my.domain, then ALL
records for bogus.my.domain MUST be in that zone. What would be the
purpose of delegating a subzone if you weren't going to look there for
the information??

In summary: Yes, this is an obligation. It is how DNS works. If you have
a subzone, then that is where you go to look for records for the
subzone.

Michael