where to declare

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Mon Aug 23 17:42:26 UTC 1999

> Hello
> and thank you for the answer.
> Your advice is it a recommandation or an obligation?
> And why it is working when I declare it in the my.domain file?
> Do you mean that a external sendmail is checking the MX record only in
> the
> bogus.my.domain?
> TIA
> Gerard Mamou

IF you have already delegated a separate bogus.my.domain, THEN it is an
obligation.  Otherwise, it is only a recommendation (which requires that
you do delegate the separate bogus.my.domain).

If your sub-domains are at all thickly populated [and this is a
subjective judgement, but 1 entry is probably not thickly populated],
then there are advantages to delegating the domain, even if it is to
the same server.

I get the feeling that other responders are assuming that you have
already delegated the sub-domain.  The above makes it clear that you
have not, right?

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B