Is it possible to dynamically add new zone in bind 8.2.1?

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Wed Aug 25 15:24:31 UTC 1999

Barry Margolin <barmar at bbnplanet.com> wrote in message
news:<c6Tw3.392$m84.7333 at burlma1-snr2>...
> In article <06b801beee42$5396da40$b477a8ce at acmebw.com>,
> Cricket Liu <cricket at acmebw.com> wrote:
> >During the reload, the name server may stop responding briefly.
>
> I thought BIND 8 fixed that.  Now the reload happens in the background,
> and the server continues to respond while it's happening.

I thought so, too, but I've had customers with very large name servers
(authoritative for thousands of zones) report periods of unresponsiveness.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
www.acmebw.com/training.htm for the
schedule and to register for upcoming
classes.