Multiple domain names using the same IP

Rick Williams rick at aicon.net
Sat Aug 28 21:47:48 UTC 1999

Ok here is exactly what I have. I need to setup www.abc.com, www.abc.net,
www.abc.org, www.abcdef.com, www.abcdef.net. and www.abcdef.org to all access
one IP address and one directory. I know how to set this up using a single IP
address for each domain name but not how to set all six to a single IP. I
will admit I am new to dns and bind (well linux in general) but my
understanding of CNAMES is for connecting abc.domain.com to xyz.domain.com
correct?  Now as for A records can I specify the same IP in all six and make
it work? I am unfamiliar with "zones". I have setup 2 other domains on my web
server to coincide with the server domain, each having their own separate IP
address and I have had no references to zone. Please elaborate on that.

rick at aicon.net
www.aicon.net
(417)667-4573