Multiple domain names using the same IP

Rick Williams rick at aicon.net
Sun Aug 29 17:59:07 UTC 1999

So set each VirtualHost to the same IP, then use CNAME in the zone record.
e.g.
; zone 'aicon.net'   last serial 0
$ORIGIN com.
americantack        IN      SOA     www.aicon.net. root.www.aicon.net.(
                1999082901 10800 3600 604800 86400 )
                IN      NS      www.aicon.net.
                IN      NS      ns1.dialnet.net.
                IN      MX       0 mail.aicon.net.
                IN      MX      10 mail.dialnet.net.
                IN      A       206.65.253.2

$ORIGIN americantack.com.
www             IN      A       206.65.253.15
www.americantack.net.     IN    CNAME    www.americantack.com
www.americantack.org.    IN    CNAME    www.americantack.com
www.americantackandsaddle.net.    IN    CNAME    www.americantack.com
www.americantackandsaddle.com.    IN    CNAME    www.americantack.com
www.americantackandsaddle.org.    IN    CNAME    www.americantack.com
Is this what you had in mind for using CNAME?
This is how all other domains are setup on my server except for the CNAME.

--
Rick Williams
SysAdmin
rick at aicon.net