nsupdate

Michel Marcon NOSPAM.michel.marcon at vnumail.com
Sun Aug 29 18:51:25 UTC 1999

On 27 Aug 1999 15:04:40 -0700, "Pandit, Tushar"
<tpandit at imps0014.us.dg.com> wrote:

>I am testing the 'nsupdate' feature in bind 8.2. When I add a record to a zone  file  x.hosts, nsupdate
>creates two files x.hosts.ixfr and x.hosts.log, which contain only the updated record. The original zone
>file x.hosts does not contain the update. Is this correct ? I thought the original file would have the updated
>record.
AFAIK this behavior is correct. What's more, after a certain time,
this two files will be automatically merged with the normal files.
Or you can stop than start (or restart?) your DNS server with ndc with
the same effect.

Cricket, correct me if I'm wrong, pls.
cmic

>Thanks.