DNS primary and secondaries

Morgan Sarges blip at actioni.net
Tue Aug 31 20:06:29 UTC 1999

Greg Schaffer wrote:

> Looks like your secondary isn't answering DNS queries, period.  I
> couldn't resolve anything using it (daffy) but could using the first one
> (bugs).  Is daffy starting named properly?
>
> Greg

Well, my education is complete.  There is no failover.  That is not the
correct term
 And yes, the unix and windows clients are all set properly.

I used the file that lists the root servers off the primary,
and now the secondary can resolve just fine.

Tooo bad /var/log/messages is issuing errors and warnings about that "new"
file.

Morgan