Need for an FAQ (was Re: Wanted: Explanation for "No default TTL set using SOA minimum instead")

Bill Larson wllarso at kitsune.swcp.com
Mon Aug 2 02:54:41 UTC 1999

--------------793246B9ADA6DB25B41B293E

Ok Cricket,

Item #1 for a DNS & BIND FAQ, buy DNS & BIND by Cricket Liu.
Item #2, read it!

Let's get the ball rolling, what are some of the most frequently
asked questions about DNS?  How should this FAQ be organized?  What
are reasonable areas to address?

Since I opened my mouth, I'll try collecting some questions and
answers.  But, I will only be collecting - I don't always feel
competent to answer them.  An FAQ needs the true experts.

To anyone that is interested in helping, or at least some ideas,
please contact me or post to the newsgroup.  Any postings with
"FAQ" in the subject line will be read for consideration.  I will
also keep a list of contributers.

Bill Larson (wllarso at swcp.com)

Cricket Liu wrote:

> Bill Larson <wllarso at kitsune.swcp.com> wrote in message
> news:<37A12103.9B33278D at swcp.com>...
> > The c.p.d.b newgroup definitely needs an FAQ.  This question is becoming
> > all too familiar.  It should be answered once (or more, but not weekly),
> and
> > then create some document that is regularly posted here that contains
> > these answers.
> >
> > Any interest?
>
> Sure, I'd be willing to donate some work.
>
> cricket
>
> Acme Byte & Wire
> cricket at acmebw.com
> www.acmebw.com
>
> Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
> www.acmebw.com/training.htm for the
> schedule and to register for upcoming
> classes.
--------------793246B9ADA6DB25B41B293E

begin:vcard
n:Larson;Bill
tel;home:(505)298-3396
tel;work:(505)844-2103
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr:;;11309 Morocco NE;Albuquerque;NM;87111;
version:2.1
email;internet:wllarso at swcp.com
x-mozilla-cpt:;1
fn:Bill Larson