chroot + bind running as user bind

Tony Johnson gjohnson at showmaster.com
Wed Dec 1 00:21:46 UTC 1999

I want to chroot bind8.2.2p5 , which I have working , but it is working as
root and not the user bind which seems to be pre-installed on my FreeBSD
system.  I read the discussion about how to modify the install if u want to
chroot and that does work, but I was just wondering if there was anything
that I need to do to get bind8 to run as a non privileged user , such as the
user bind.  I set the command lines to start it as user bind in chroot jail,
but if I ndc restart , it reverts back to running as user root.

Tony Johnson
System Administrator
Demand Publishing Inc.