HP-UX 10.20 compile

Christian Krackowizer kra1 at technodat.co.at
Thu Dec 2 10:21:38 UTC 1999

At 16:47 01.12.1999 -0600, you wrote:

>Thanks to all who replied, even those who were underwhelmed by the
>question.  Changing -fpic to -fPIC appears to have done the job.  I have
>many newly-built files and 'make install' seems to have worked.  'named' is
>running and appears to serve clients.
>
>In the spirit of helping the community I present the results of my BIND
>8.2.2-P5 build for HP-UX 10.20
>
>Had to change src/port/hpux10/Makefile.get.gcc to remove the "-ansi -fpic"
>flags and replace them with "-fPIC".
>The "-ansi" had to go because otherwise the make bled all kinds of syntax
>errors like "no ; at end of struct".
>The "-fpic" replacement removed the ld errors reported in the origination
>of this thread.
>
>Changed (maybe didn't have to) the "-d" flag on bison to "--yacc
>--defines".
>This was suggested by an item posted last month.

well done,
addititionally, on a native HP-UX 10.20 with only the compiler installed,
you have to change 'FLEX=flex' to 'FLEX=lex -d' and 'YACC=bison' to
'YACC=yacc -d"
as there's no flex nor bison (substituted it from Makefile.set.hp)

mit freundlichen Gruessen

Christian Krackowizer

| Krackowizer Christian               mailto:kra1 at technodat.co.at |
| TECHNODAT                           Phone: ++43-(0)662-454944-0 |
| CAD/CAM - Systeme fuer Moebel GmbH  FAX:   ++43-(0)662-454944-9 |
| Jakob-Haringer-Strasse 6            http://www.technodat.co.at/ |
| A-5020 Salzburg / Austria                                       |