static compile on linux

gregor witchy at netserv.net.au
Thu Dec 2 13:03:06 UTC 1999

Hi
I would like to run bind chroot
I have been trying to build the latest version with

-static set in the port/linux/Makefile.set
on a Redhat 6.1 kernel 2.2.12
and it falls over when linking nslookup and doesn't even get to named

has anyone got this to work in this version ?

or is it even necessary for bind to run dynamic in the chroot
environment on linux
It did start and didnt complain but I havent put it in use yet.

Thanks heaps
Greg

BTW syslog has been updated and now accepts the -a parameter so the
chroot /dev/log now works no need for holelogd any more

--
           Greg Dickson
 ('>   witchy at netserv.net.au
 //\ Linux System Administration