HELP!: NT -> Linux zone transfer troubles

Fernandez, Richard fernandez at hazeltine.com
Thu Dec 2 19:48:51 UTC 1999

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but can anyone
offer any help?

I've got an NT server running MS-DNS set up as a primary DNS server for a
domain on our intranet. Then I've got a Linux(RH6.1) box running BIND 8.2.1
as a slave server for that domain.

The NT box is set to use WINS resolution, but "settings only affect local
server" is checked.

When I start up named on the Linux box, initially, it asks the NT box for a
zone transfer as expected. But the zone file is not transferred completely.
I only get the "SOA" record. The "A" records are never transferred! I don't
see any errors in the logfiles.

Any help would be much appreciated!

TIA