[lame server] Questions on BIND 8.2.2 patched 5

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Mon Dec 6 18:24:53 UTC 1999

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 02:41:56AM +0700, Ye Tun wrote:
> Dear Admins,
>
> my bind 8.x server seems to be working without any problems (at least not
> that I know of..) but when I check the log, there are a lot of entries about
>
> "Lame Server on 'yyyyyyyy.com' blah blah blah"
>
> what is that mean?  Anything critical? anything wrong on my part or someone
> else's part?
>
> REgards,
>
> YE

No, no problem on your part.  This is reporting hosts that are believed
to be name servers for the given domains, but which do not believe
themselves to be such.  This is often due to a configuration error on
the part of that hostmaster.

You can get answers to frequently asked questions like this from Deja
News at http://www.deja.com/.  Unless your site is protected by
something like CyberNot, which [believe it or not!] excludes access to
www.deja.com!  ;-(

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B