RedHat Linux 8.2.2P5 problems

Terry Letsche letsche at inav.net
Tue Dec 7 02:27:30 UTC 1999

Since upgrading to the security releases of bind we have been having an
"interesting" problem.

When restarting named, it takes _forever_ to load the zones, send out
notifies, and begin answering queries. Also, since this box is running
radius, this creates problems because we are unable to authenticate users
whenever this happens. It's like bind opens up a bunch of network
connections and then just hangs there.

It also seems like the notifies that it DOES send out are spaced 5 seconds
apart, rather than sending them as fast as possible, and we are still seeing
the stream_getlen/Broken pipe errors that P3 had. Is there some way to speed
up the notifies?

Thanks for any insights. Please let me know if you would like me to post any
parts of my config.

Terry Letsche