How to apply DNS to my environment?

Bruce Ordway vedevelop at uswest.net
Tue Dec 7 15:57:16 UTC 1999

Hi,

First thanks to those of you that have already responded via email. Your
thoughts have been very helpful. I have received some requests for more
specific info about what I am really trying to accomplish. So here is a
little additional info.

Right now we are using the MS Postoffice on an NT server for internal
company email. I'd like to dump that and start using sendmail instead. I
have set up one test account on the Linux box & an Outlook client on a WinXX
box & this seems to work just fine.

We have a database running on the HPUX & we would like to send mail alerts
to the clients mailboxes on the Linux.

Our external Internet email and web hosting is handled by an ISP. We are
happy with that for now & don't want to change right away.

Sendmail is running on the HPUX & the Linux but we have not been able to get
email sent between the two. So far, I've been getting advised that it is
probably because my DNS is screwed up.

Thanks again,
Bruce