Is this a New kind of DNS Breakin....

Mark.Andrews at iengines.com Mark.Andrews at iengines.com
Tue Dec 7 21:36:53 UTC 1999

> This is not a DNS break in.

	How can you deduce that?

	I don't believe RH have put out a new CD with BIND 8.2.2-P3
	or greater on it.  So yes named *could* have been the entry
	path.

	BIND 8.2 also generated the error message below if named was not
	shutdown gracefully.  I can't remember which version is on the
	RH 6.0 CD.  The error is only produced when there is an active
	named process in the current release BIND 8.2.2-P5.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Internet Engines Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at iengines.com