Seperating web & e-mail for the same domain name???

Andrew Ward award at cisco.com
Wed Dec 8 16:13:04 UTC 1999

OK, so I have a domain name, and it points to a static IP address.
Right?

Now I have a DSL line feeding a small server that I want to send/
receive mail from/to for about 30 users.

But I don't want to be serving up web pages externally through
a DSL line. I want my ISP (or another ISP) to host those web pages.

But I want the e-mail and web pages at all be

	bozo at myplace.org

        and

	www.myplace.org

How do I tell my ISP this? Is this called virtual web hosting?
Virtual domain name? What? How is the e-mail and web traffic
separated when Internic points DNS lookups to the same address?
(Or does it?)

(The ISP in this case is California's Pacific Bell, with the
small business "enhanced" DSL package.) They are stupid, so
I want to know exactly what i am asking for before I do.

Where the heck can I find a FAQ on this stuff?... Can't seem
to find a good one.

Thanks very much.

-Andrew
award at cisco.com