What's "dropping source port zero packet", attack ?

Jerry Kemp - bind bind at sun.twlight.net
Thu Dec 9 13:58:49 UTC 1999

If you have end users who need to use legacy microsoft
applications, I believe that there was an article which appeared
in several trade rags stating that microsoft used port 0
to transfer end user vital statistics from their local system
back to microsoft.  This was activated when a user would
do somenting like save a word document or a powerpoint
application into html format.

Jerry Kemp
micro$oft free since '93 . . . .