bind and forwarder

Stefan Cyris stefan at cyris.de
Thu Dec 9 20:45:38 UTC 1999

Hi

I'm using the latest bind 8.2.2 on my linux box to set up my local DNS.
I hav a dial-up connection so I use this:
           forward first;
           forwarders {
                10.0.0.1;
                10.1.0.1;
            };

but then I read that "forward first" first forwards the request and
_then_ tries to resolv itself. But that's a big problem for me coz I use
this DNS for my Intranet with auto-dial on. So it dials on every dns
request even if I use my intranet name.

Is there a opportunity that bind first looks at its own files and then
tries to connect the forwarders ?

Thanx

cya
Stefan

BTW Yes, I read the howto as you can see, and yes I read the man pages
and look at some examples but I can'T find a solution.