not authoritive for - error

pwolfe at qred.quintiles.com pwolfe at qred.quintiles.com
Fri Dec 10 12:14:10 UTC 1999

Hello,

Just a quick inquiry on an error I've just received from my /var/adm/messages
file:

named-xfer[117??]: [IP address of parent DNS] not authoritative for domain.name,
SOA query got rcode 0, aa 0, ancount 1 \
aucount 0

I'm running BIND 4.9.4 on Solaris 2.6.

I am a subdomain to the domain.name I have in my messages file. I have made no
changes to my configuration which has been working fine until today.

Theory, has my parent re-configured their authority for domain.name and,
therefore, I cannot zone transfer that file anymore??

(I can't call my parent yet as they are still in bed, so I thought I'd ask!)

Looking forward to your reply!