Weird Resolution Problems....

Richard Barnes rbarnes at blazenet.net
Fri Dec 10 21:22:35 UTC 1999

Thanks for all the responses, but we have found the solution and here it
is...

WORKS FOR WIN95/98 ONLY!

- rename winsock.dll wsock.vxd wsock2.dll wsock32.dll (rename them to
anything you want, or delete them if you wish)
- remove everything from network control panel EXCEPT network card
- remove these 4 registry keys
  - \\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VXD\winsock
  - \\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VXD\winsock2
  - \\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\winsock
  - \\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\winsock2
- extract the 4 deleted files from the distribution media (we used sfc.exe -
System File Checker)
- readd TCP/IP protocol in control panel
- reboot

These above steps worked for 2 of our customers that happened to be running
cable modems...