Interesting little situation

Andrew Duxorth awd at seol.net.au
Mon Dec 13 07:45:17 UTC 1999

Hi,
I have setup a domain on pri and sec servers, and all appear to be fine
internally and externally.
I do a  nslookup on the domain (from Pri box)(checking both servers) and get
a valid response.
If I do the same thing on the sec box I get an invalid hostname when I use
the sec for the lookup
(server ns2).  Pri come back fine.  Any other box the entries come up
properly for both
pri and sec. Situation not urgent as the domain is working as setup.
All the entries are there on the sec.  It makes no sense.
Any Ideas
<shakes head for the millionth time>
  This has left me stumped
</shakes head for the millionth time>
cya
Andrew

SEOL System/Network  Administrator
admin at seol.net.au
awd at seol.net.au
99 Commercial Street East
MOUNT GAMBIER, SA, 5290
Ph +61 8 8724 9796
Fax +61 8 8725 4983
Providing Internet Access to the South East